By Kathleen Zelman, MPH, RD and Jamba Healthy Living Council Member
Make no mistake, fruits and vegetables are among the healthiest foods on the planet. They are Mother Nature’s way of helping you eat right. Loaded with vitamins, minerals, fiber, antioxidants and very low in calories – they are a dieter’s delight. But most of us don’t eat enough of them.
These easy tips will help you work more veggies into your diet so your will fill up on healthy foods without expanding your waistline.
- Enjoy one of Jamba Juice’s freshly squeezed juices that include several servings of vegetables and fruit.
- Roast vegetables for rich flavor that caramelizes the natural sugars.
- Make a pot of soup and load it with veggies.
- Roast a sweet potato and top it with a sprinkle of cinnamon for a delicious side dish.
- Make a green salad every night – vary the greens and top with shredded carrots, broccoli slaw, jicama or any crunchy vegetable and top it with a light vinaigrette.
- Toss veggies into your omelet to squeeze in vegetables at breakfast.
- Drink low sodium tomato juice to tide you over between meals, it is satisfying and will fill you up.
- Change the way you chop veggies – try a slice, dice or julienne to add variety to your soups, salads and side dishes.
- Snack on cold crunchy veggies and hummus.
- Layer spinach, sprouts or thinly sliced cucumber on your sandwiches or wraps.
Thank You! A Message From Jamba Juice CEO James D. White
We would like to thank all that have contributed to the Jamba Supports HOPE Philippines Relief efforts on Crowdtilt. We’ve exceeded our goal of $25,000 and have reached over $29,000 from individual donors. With the dollar for dollar match from Jamba this brings the total donations for the victims and survivors of Typhoon Haiyan to $54,400!
Our Jamba team is blown away by the level of compassion and caring that the extended Jamba community has demonstrated in support of our partners in the Philippines and the people of the Philippines. Whether you gave $10 or $100, you’ve made a tremendous impact. It’s been absolutely inspiring to see how the technology of Crowdtilt paired with the passion of our Jamba community is changing countless lives.
More than 12 million people have been affected by the Typhoon Haiyan that has left behind catastrophic destruction and entire communities without access to food, shelter and medical care. While it’s been several weeks since the Typhoon hit the people of the Philippines are still in great need. The $54,400 plus in donations the Jamba community has raised translates into over $2.39 million Philippine pesos that will provide relief and recovery to those in need.
I am so grateful to have you as part of the Jamba community. And I am proud to be part of a community that is committed to making a positive impact in on our world.
James D. White
Chairman, President and CEO of Jamba Juice
‘Tis the season for giving and we want in on the fun. So, from now until January 2, 2014, we’re giving away a free small size smoothie of your choice to every customer who buys $25 or more in Jamba gift cards.
It’s simple. Bestow a healthier gift to your warm-hearted babysitter, energetic dog walker and trusty mechanic and we will thank you with a delicious smoothie of your choice. Looking for the perfect stocking stuffer or thoughtful hostess gift? Surprise everyone with a Jamba Juice gift card – a present that you can always feel good about giving - and receive an unexpected treat in return!
This is our little way of giving thanks this holiday season and making life a little better for all the Jamba lovers out there.
Joy to the Whirl’d!
Jamba gift cards are available in participating stores and can be purchased in any denomination.
*Must purchase gift card(s) valued at $25.00 or greater between November 12, 2013 and January 2, 2014 to receive a free small size smoothie.
Our hearts go out to the Philippines and all affected by the massive destruction of Typhoon Haiyan. Please join us in our effort to raise $50,000 to support the American Red Cross’ relief efforts for the victims and survivors. Jamba will double your impact by matching your contribution dollar for dollar for the first $25,000.
You can donate by clicking here: http://crowd.tc/jamba-support-philippines